AM/FM radio is the soundtrack of America’s retail recovery and consumer spending resurgence!
WestwoodOne shared some findings from a Nielsen client webinar that revealed findings from their fifth consumer tracking study since the pandemic. Results are based on a survey of 1,009 Americans 18+ from March 11-15, 2021.
Among the summary details were some really stand-out findings that should help convince business owners, advertising agencies, and marketing consultants at every level to consider (or re-consider) Radio as an effective tool for inviting people to come and do business with your company — and business goes where it is invited.
Considering Radio? Consider these survey results!
- Six in ten Americans now fall into the optimistic Ready To Go segment (a one-year high). These consumers spend strongly across a wide array of categories and are more likely to be AM/FM radio listeners.
- Two-thirds now work outside the home (among those employed) — up nearly +70% since April 2020 (which means more time in the car for commuting…)
- Those spending 1+ hour in vehicles is up +150% since April 2020.
- The number of American schoolchildren attending in person classes is up from October. And when the kids are headed to school nine in ten say AM/FM radio is on during the drive.
- In the past week, heavy AM/FM radio listeners were +14% more likely to purchase across 21 categories.
- Versus heavy TV viewers, purchase intentions among heavy AM/FM radio listeners are +36% greater.
- Heavy AM/FM radio listeners are +18% more likely than heavy TV viewers to make a major auto purchase in the next 12 months.
- Consumers are bullish: 53% say the economy will improve in the next six months and only 19% say it will worsen.
- On the retail shopping front, consumers say they will return to stores with less curbside pickup and delivery and more e-commerce.
If you’re ready to invite these Ready To Go consumers to do business with your company, reach out to me and let’s work together to develop a strategic marketing campaign designed to deliver results and meet your goals!